Artificial Intelligence is Improving Digital Accessibility
The article, "How Artificial Intelligence is Improving Digital Accessibility", discusses how more individuals with disabilities can access services online thanks to AI and machine learning. These improvements include:
- Automated Speech Recognition (ASR) that helps provide subtitles and captions for video content, making it more accessible to those who need an alternative to audio.
- Image processing that can help individuals with visual disabilities access images on the web or digital devices.
- Facial recognition technology that improves the accessibility of security features for those who may have difficulty putting in the data by hand.
- Summaries of text content that break down lengthy text into smaller chunks that are easier to understand.
- Automating lip-reading that can be helpful to people with hearing impairments.
- Tools that simulate user behavior to test for, identify, and prevent keyboard traps and similar problems.