COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act - U.S. Department of Justice Civil Rights Division Web Page
The U.S. Department of Justice’s web page, “COVID-19 and the Americans with Disabilities Act”, is regularly updated and provides answers to common questions about COVID-19 and the ADA including:
- Can a business stop me from bringing in my service animal because of the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Does the Department of Justice issue exemptions from mask requirements?
- Can long COVID be a disability under the ADA?
- Are there resources available that help explain my rights as an employee with a disability during the COVID-19 pandemic?
- Can a hospital or medical facility exclude all “visitors” even where, due to a patient’s disability, the patient needs help from a family member, companion, or aide in order to equally access care?
- Does the ADA apply to outdoor restaurants (sometimes called “streateries”) or other outdoor retail spaces that have popped up since COVID-19?
The website also contains additional Civil Rights Division disability-related responses to COVID-19.