Disabled Veterans- The Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion
This guidance by the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion provides information to help employers understand issues related to hiring disabled veterans. Answers are provided to many frequently asked questions including:
- What happens when veterans with service-connected disabilities leave the military?
- What is the Uniformed Services Employment and Reemployment Rights Act (USERRA)?
- How does USERRA differ from the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA)?
- Is a veteran with a service-connected disability automatically protected by the ADA?
- May an employer ask if an applicant is a “disabled veteran” when seeking to hire someone with a service-connected disability?
- What steps should an employer take if asking an applicant to self-identify as a “disabled veteran” for affirmative action purposes?
- Are there tax incentives for hiring veterans with service-connected disabilities?
- Where can I get assistance with translating military skills and training to match position requirements?
- Where can I get information about accommodating service members, veterans or others with traumatic brain injury or post-traumatic stress disorder?
- Where can employers find job candidates who are disabled veterans?
For more information, see the Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion guidance regarding hiring disabled veterans.