- The Federal Communications Commission (FCC) thinks it’s possible for all cell phones in the US to work well with hearing aids.
- On January 26, 2024, they asked for people’s comments about how this requirement could be put into effect.
- They want comments on topics including:
- Using Bluetooth to connect between wireless handset models and hearing aids
- Using a specific Bluetooth technology or letting the market decide
- Including volume control in the requirements
- How much time to give companies to follow the new requirements.
- People can provide comments online or ask for help if they need help providing their comments.
Learn more about the Notice of Proposed Rulemaking