New Publication on Disclosing a Disability and Requesting an Accommodation
November 12, 2021
The Partnership on Inclusive Apprenticeship published “Disclosing Your Disability and Requesting an Accommodation” to provide apprentices with information on if, when and how to disclose their disabilities and request accommodations. The information applies to anyone seeking a reasonable accommodation and discusses how the Americans with Disabilities Act safeguards the rights of individuals with disabilities from discrimination in the workplace.
The document discusses:
- When should you disclose your disability?
- What is a reasonable accommodation?
- To whom should you disclose your disability?
- How should you disclose your disability?
- What should you do if you experience discrimination?