May is Mental Health Awareness Month. More than one in five U.S. adults live with a mental health condition, about 57.8 million in 2021 (National Institute of Mental Health). The Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) provides protections for individuals with psychiatric disabilities.
Information on mental health-friendly workplace policies and practices:
- Mental Health Conditions in the Workplace and the ADA– ADA National Network
- Mental Health – Office of Disability Employment Policy
- Mental Health at Work – U.S. Department of Labor
- Mental Health Toolkit – Employer Assistance and Resource Network on Disability Inclusion (EARN)
- Accommodation and Compliance: Mental Health Conditions – Job Accommodation Network
Need more information?
We’re here to help! If you have any questions about these resources or any other ADA-related inquiries, please contact us. The Pacific ADA Center’s website is also full of up-to-date, useful information and resources.