The U.S. Equal Employment Opportunity Commission recently updated a technical assistance document, Visual Disabilities in the Workplace and the Americans with Disabilities Act.
It includes guidance for employers about how the ADA applies to job applicants and employees with visual disabilities.
- When an employer may ask an applicant or employee questions about vision impairment
- How an employer should treat voluntary disclosures
- Types of reasonable accommodations applicants or employees with visual disabilities may need
- How an employer should handle safety concerns about applicants and employees with visual disabilities
- How to make sure employees are not harassed because of a visual disability