In this edition of Breaking Waves:
- Black History Month celebrates the strengths and talents of Black individuals. Black leaders supported disability rights through actions like protests and legal efforts. Black people and those with disabilities continue to face unfair treatment. A list of articles explores what it’s like for people who are Black and disabled in America.
- An invitation to our Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA) Virtual Conference on February 27 and 28, 2024. Learn how to comply with the ADA, be more inclusive, and provide higher-quality services to people with disabilities.
- There are accessibility-related items about federal websites not meeting minimum accessibility standards, a civil rights leader with a disability being asked to leave a movie theater for bringing his own chair, and efforts to make art more accessible.
- In legal news, there are items about the Justice Department filing a statement of interest in a lawsuit about treatment for gender dysphoria, a proposed rule to make medical diagnostic equipment more accessible, and a lawsuit about ongoing mistreatment of people who are deaf in a detention center.
- Read these news stories and others, and learn about upcoming events and trainings.
Read the February newsletter now