- The American Council of the Blind (ACB) won a case in California against Quest Diagnostics.
- The case is about their self-service kiosks being inaccessible to blind people.
- This violates the ADA (Americans with Disabilities Act).
- The case can now go to trial and is for all legally blind people who visited Quest in 2018 and 2019 and who couldn’t fully use their services because the self-service kiosks weren’t accessible.
- ACB complained about these kiosks and, in 2021, filed a complaint in court.
- Quest Diagnostics wanted the court to say their kiosks were ADA-compliant, but the court said no.
Read more about the Quest Diagnostics lawsuit.