What 2022 Candidates Should Know About Voters with Disabilities
Candidates for office should be trying to appeal to voters with disabilities for both moral and practical reasons. The article, "6 Things 2022 Election Candidates Should Know About Disabled Voters" discusses important things for candidates to understand and consider about voters with disabilities including:
- A lot of voters have disabilities.
- “Disabled” includes more different experiences and conditions than many people think.
- Disability is diverse and intersects with all other identities.
- Disabled voters’ opinions and political affiliations are varied.
- Disabled voters despise being patronized.
- Disabled people’s right to vote is still not guaranteed.