- The last jobs report for 2023 showed that the job market is doing well, with many jobs added and a low unemployment rate.
- Even though there were fewer jobs added compared to previous years, it was still better than what experts expected.
- Workers with disabilities, who often face difficulties finding jobs, have seen improvements. More than 7.7 million disabled people had jobs as of December 2023.
- More disabled people joined the workforce, and this happened because a lot of them began working remotely. In December 2023, around 1.8 million individuals with disabilities had remote work. It could also be because nearly a million more people identified as disabled, possibly because of the increase in long COVID cases.
- At the same time, unemployment across the disabled workforce has climbed.
- The unemployment rate for workers with disabilities is now at 6.7%.
- Disabled workers still face more challenges in finding jobs compared to others. Their unemployment rate is almost twice the unemployment rate for all U.S. workers.
Read the article